Senior Applications Analyst
A fast growing, highly successful food manufacturing and retail business, is looking to appoint a Senior Applications Analyst to enhance the IT function at their North London offices.
Reporting to the Head of IT and working closely with the Service Desk, The Senior Applications Analyst will have overall responsibility for IT application support activities, including
maintenance, administration, and second- and third-line support. They will also ensure timely and efficient resolution of IT application-related incidents and service requests are adhered to. Additionally, the Senior Applications Analyst will support the process of impact assessing and planning IT application changes, and then implement, test and monitor required changes in line with agreed change plans.
Senior Applications Analyst Key Responsibilities:
● Development and delivery of the application team plan, including annual objectives and appraisals, and monthly one to one meetings
● Taking ownership for delivery of application solutions within projects including the management of supplier activities
● Ensuring projects are handed over to support with suitable documentation and knowledge transfer
● Managing the prioritisation and delivery of enhancements
● Managing the support of application specific issues through tickets and “user stories”
● Regular meetings with key suppliers to discuss potential improvements as well as service levels
● Work with the Head of IT to review and impact new business requirements
● Review the change management process, suggest and implement improvements
● Ensure capacity, availability, security and service support requirements are considered in all IT application changes
● Previous manufacturing or multi-site, customer centric retail sector experience
● Previous experience of large stock systems
● A good understanding of different ERP systems within manufacturing and retail businesses, particularly EPOS
● Previous team management experience
● Experience of working closely with and managing suppliers
● Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to communicate effectively and professionally
● Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and understandable manner to non-technical stakeholders
● Skilled in IT problem diagnosis and resolution.
● Customer focused and goal orientated with keen attention to detail.
● Strong planning and organisation skills.
● Open to new ideas and change initiatives, with an ability to modify the current approach in the face of new demands
Essential Technical Skills/Experience:
● Firm understanding of SQL – queries, reporting, SSIS, SSRS
● Supporting ERP systems
Desirable Technical Skill/Experience:
● Tropos (Epicor)
● ITIL Foundation or above
● Microsoft PowerBI
● Food manufacturing
This constitutes an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a role where they can help deliver meaningful change whilst working within a fast growing, very successful company with
ambitious plans for the future.
Select benefits include:
● A highly competitive basic salary up to £55k
● A benefits package including bonus, pension and healthcare
● Unrivalled flexibility
● Continuous professional development